Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hey, Oscar Nominations!

Three observations on the nominations. I'd have more if I'd seen any of the films.

1. For all the talk when it came out, The Master wasn't nominated for Best Picture. And as there are only nine pictures nominated, its omission wasn't due to lack of space. The only nods it got were for acting, none of which it will likely win (I'll make my usual picks as we get closer to the date, but this seems evident based on who else is nominated).

2. As I don't actually see movies anymore it's hard for me to say who got snubbed. Much has been made of Leonardo DiCaprio not getting a nod for Django Unchained, and the general lack of nominations for Moonrise Kingdom (only a screenwriting nod) was noted elsewhere as well. I was hoping to see Dwight Henry pick up a nod for Beasts of the Southern Wild, but that's based solely on seeing a profile about the movie on CBS This Morning.

3. The Adelefication of our awards is on track. She just needs to get by the host of the telecast to win.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home