Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Oscar First For Me

So in the history of my going to movies, this year marks the first one in which I have not seen a single second of any Oscar nominated film (as in the actual film, not in TV ads or trailers).

There's nothing intentional about this, I've just gotten to a point where I see very few movies. In fact, if you look at the 2008 entries here, you'll see that I got to two movies in 2008: Mamma Mia! and Persepolis. The latter got a Best Animated Feature nod for the 2008 awards, while the former got nothing (at least from Oscar; Pierce Brosnan picked up a Razzie nod as worst supporting actor, based wholly on his lack of singing ability I have to think).

I do plan on rectifying this before the awards actually take place. Suggestions on which film to see are welcome.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

If you see Wall-E, you'll get to see two nominated films, as the "Presto" short precedes it.

January 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home