Saturday, October 6, 2007

What Messed Us Up...

Welcome to What Messed Us Up, an ongoing look into...just that.

The Facets Halloween series led me to check YouTube for two film-related things that really scarred me as a kid.

This first one is a TV trailer for a 1977 horror film called Suspiria. I saw this late at night while watching Saturday Night Live. I seem to remember my sister, who would have been 3 at the time, covering her eyes the second this hit the screen -- she'd apparently seen this already. Now the scariest thing about it is the awful singing:



The second one is this trailer, which I saw in the theater. I was about 10 or 11; and my friend Jeremy and I went down to the Uptown with his mom when it was still repertory to see the Bakshi Lord of the Rings movie. We weren't really prepared for this, but of course it became our must-see film of the following year:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

The first trailer seems to imply that "Suspiria" is not a lurking beastie but rather a really bad neighborhood. "International Classics," indeed.

October 6, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home