Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Is it just me, or was Justin Timberlake good in Alpha Dog?

I watched Alpha Dog last night, and it had good and bad bits. The lead guy, "Johnny Truelove," reminded me too much of Entourage's "Turtle" so I had a tough time taking him seriously. In fact, there were at least three characters played by actors on current HBO and Showtime series, which was an odd coincidence. I guess Nick Cassavetes has been watching a lot of TV.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Justin Timberlake (Greg, stop laughing!) but I didn't think he could act. Of course, his character is exceedingly annoying at first, but by the end I was buying every word, swagger, tattoo, ass slap... I completely believed him as a total bad boy. Of course, that ruins my fantasy about him romancing me backstage after a concert and whisking me away on his private jet to an isolated European beach house. But that's another blog. Or LiveJournal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

So Justin was the alpha dog? Does that mean it was difficult to housetrain him and he chewed up his master's slippers?

June 26, 2007 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home